Organic Kids (Organic Kids (Castle Quay) Limited and Organic Kids Limited, together t/a Organic Kids) (“We
- Who We are;
- What information We may collect about you and when;
- How We might use your information;
- How We protect you information; and
- Your choices regarding the information you provide.
For the purpose of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (the “Law
”), the Data Controller is one of the following depending on the nursery to which you areapplying:
- Organic Kids (Castle Quay) Limited, Millais House, Castle Quay, La Rue De L’Etau, St Helier, JE2 3EG, our Castle Quay nursery; or
- Organic Kids Limited, La Providence, Vallee de St Pierre, St Lawrence,JE3 1PP, for our La Providence nursery.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy should be addressed to: email@example.com
2. WHO WE ARE
We provide state of the art nursery schools in Jersey. We are committed to ensuring that all your dealings with Us (including the handling of your family’s personal data) are handled with the utmost care and attention. We are registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller under the Law. Further information may be found on the Commissioner’s website: https://oicjersey.org/
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information(such as name, date of birth and address)
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality and country of birth) for children
- Attendance information(such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons) for children
- Relevant medical information for children
- Special educational needs information for children
- Bank details for adults
- Details of any accidents/incidents/existing injuries
- Relevant documentation for child protection and safeguarding concerns
- Funding information and details
For the purposes of Our record keeping and management, We may collect and process the following information:
- Information that youprovide when accessing and using our site:
- http://www.organic-kids-jersey.com/ (“Website”)
- If you contact us by phone, e-mail, letter or otherwise
- Information that you provide to us when you apply for a nursery reservation, provide us with information about the child who will be placed with us, or otherwise liaise with us in relation your child and/or your contract with Us
- Details of your visits to our Website including,but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
4. WHY WE COLLECT AND USE THIS INFORMATION (DATA)
We use the data:
- To support children’s learning
- To monitor and report on their progress
- To provide appropriate pastoral care
- To assess the quality of our services
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
- To ensure children are eligible for funding
- To process nursery fees
- To ensure children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- To meet our obligations under any contract that we have with you
We may also use information held about you:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/devices
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To monitor the services We provide and how We provide them, for the purposes of our business planning
5. THE LAWFUL BASIS ON WHICH WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We collect and use information described in this Policy because: (i)By completing and signing our forms you are giving consent for us to process your and your child’s personal data for the specific purposes of making enquiries about your child attending our nursery and/or your child attending our nursery; and (ii)The processing of the information you have provided about yourself and your child is necessary in relation to the contract with Us that you will be entering into when you reserve a place for your child with us.
7. WHO DO WE GIVE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
We will keep all personal information which is not publicly available confidential unless:
- We consider it necessary in order to ensure any child’s health, safety and/or wellbeing;
- You have authorised the disclosure of that information (eg. in the context of providing a testimonial or for the purposes of obtaining medical or related services for your child);
- It is necessary so that We can provide the agreed services to you, including by providing information to Our service providers (such as Our IT providers and accountants);
- We are required to disclose it for the purposes of any legal or regulatory requirement binding onUs; and/or
- We consider that such disclosure is necessary in order to defend against any claim threatened or brought against Us by any person.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the circumstances described above and:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose applicable personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- To protect Our rights, property, or safety, the Website, our users and any third party We interact with to provide the Website.
8. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and iskept for the duration of your use of our service. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. To safeguard against unauthorised access to personal information, all electronic personal information held by Us is maintained on systems protected by secure network architectures that contain firewalls and intrusion-detection devices. The servers holding personal information are“backed-up” on a regular basis in an effort to avoid any inadvertent erasure or destruction of such personal information and are stored in facilities with appropriate security an fire-detection and response systems. Your information is only accessible by those who need access to it and they are required to keep the information secure and confidential.
9. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We keep data for 25 years after the end of our contract with you because we think that we have a legitimate basis for doing so,in order to defend against any claim threatened or brought against Us by any person and given record keeping requirements relating to children.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access information held about you and you have the right to get any inaccurate information We hold about you corrected. You may also ask for Us to erase your information in certain circumstances. You also have the right to ask us not to process personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at anytime by contacting Us using Our contact details set out below. The accuracy of your personal information is important to us and you can help keep our records up to date by telling us when your contact details and other personal information changes, and if you change your mind about how We contact you. If you would like to update or change your contact details let us know by sending a request by email to the contact details below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be made available to you using the Website or otherwise notified to you. Your continued use of the services and the Website shall be deemed your acceptance of the varied Policy.
We aim to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal data: your rights and interests are important to us. For this reason we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously and we encourage people to let us know if they think that our collection or use of personal data is unfair,misleading or inappropriate. We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation required. If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal data, please contact: email@example.com
You may also contact Jersey’s Information Commissioner: Information Commissioner Office of the Information Commissioner One Liberty Place, Liberty Wharf, La Route De La Liberation, St Helier, Jersey JE2 3NY T: +44 (1534) 716530